Sunday, December 20, 2015

2/1/16 - Reminiscing . . . 

Today I was going through some drawers in the living room and came across some old photo albums. (save) As I began to go through them a severe case of nostalgia came upon me, prompting me to pour a glass of brandy, and start looking through the albums.

Twenty plus years of relationship can stir up a lot of memories. When we married I had four children, obviously from a previous marriage, all between the ages 20s and 30s. She came with one child in her 20s which fit right between my four. So now we had five. And she instantly became a grandmother. Not sure she liked that too much, being as young as she was. (just kidding). But it was a great joke that she enjoyed telling everyone. (save) 

 So anyway, I thought I would bore you with sharing some of the photos I came across.  But before I get there, here is a curious thought. I have her Daughter and her Husband, who is an orphan. Now both call me Dad . . . and they are married. So I have a Daughter and Son who are married. Does that mean there is incest in the family, or are they simply from Arkansas? (Joke intended, no offense to the families in Arkansas). (save)

The first photo is when my wife-to-be and we were dating. I was living in a single rented room in a house with two other guys (obviously not in the same room - sheesh). She had just bought a new night gown and was showing it off. Needless to say it didn't stay on for long!






We had met at a hootinanny in New Haven CT while she played the guitar and I the mandolin. We played music together at family gatherings. Everybody sang along because we gave them song books and they had no choice in the matter. (save)





The third photo was an experiment in not using the flash while taking pictures, using only the ambient light. Her Daughter was playing the piano. I might add that her Daughter has released several CDs and has produced several Indi videos with her husband. She and her husband are very talented and can be seen on several popular TV series. (save)


 For me, it is time to remember, cherish and love the past that was. AND then move on to the future and fill one's life with new memories, new relationships and new love. For without love, the heart, in time, may shrink and not leave room for newness.

No comments:

Post a Comment